These are mostly easy to eat, but if your favorite recipes are getting challenging, usually they are easy to adapt.
- Grate cabbage and carrots so they are small pieces rather than long shreds
- Substitute small pasta like orzo instead of macaroni or springs
- Use celery seed to get the flavor
- Cut potatoes small and cook until soft
- Saute vegetables in bacon fat to get the flavor without crunchy bits that can be difficult to swallow
- Steam hard vegetables like celery, carrots,
- Peel cucumbers and other vegetables with tough skin